- On 7 and 8 September 2022, leading minds behind Gaia-X will meet in Berlin for GXFS Connect 2022
- The first implementation phase of the Gaia-X Federation Services (GXFS) nears completion
- Gaia-X use cases from sectors including industry 4.0, mobility and health will be presented
Leading minds behind Gaia-X will meet on 7 and 8 September 2022 in Berlin to discuss which innovations and reference implementations are now possible and how Gaia-X will promote digital innovation and sovereignty. eco – Association of the Internet Industry and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action are hosting the GXFS Connect 2022. Experts and decision-makers, such as Parliamentary State Secretary, Dr. Franziska Brantner, will share their knowledge and past experiences in presentations and panel discussions and provide exclusive insights.
The GXFS Connect 2022 programme is now public. In an exchange with the Gaia-X HUB Germany domains, participants will learn what user requirements exist and which use cases are being implemented, including in the areas of Industry 4.0, mobility or health. “With Gaia-X, we are getting closer to our goal of creating an open, secure and trustworthy data infrastructure for everyone,” says Andreas Weiss, Head of Digital Business Models at eco – Association of the Internet Industry and project lead GXFS-DE. “With Gaia-X, Europe will better meet the digital challenges facing the economy and civil society and strengthen its digital sovereignty,” Weiss continues. This will be made possible by open and secure data spaces as well as new digital business models where data can be shared in a manner that enables data owners to retain control.
Open, secure and trustworthy data infrastructure for all
In October 2019, German Economy Minister Peter Altmaier announced that Gaia-X would create a high-performance, competitive, secure and trustworthy data infrastructure for Europe. Almost three years later, the first implementation phase of the Gaia-X Federation Services (GXFS) is nearing completion. These services enable data to be shared between companies in a trustworthy and control-enabling manner. As such, they form the basis for Gaia-X. The minimum technical requirements for operating the Gaia-X ecosystem are expected to be met later this year.
At GXFS Connect 2022 in Berlin, more than 40 experts, opinion leaders and decision-makers will join around 300 participants on the podium to discuss how Gaia-X will create added value for European industry and business. They will discuss the future of an open, secure and trustworthy data infrastructure for everyone – from SMEs and start-ups to large corporations. Exclusive insights will be provided by, among others:
- Ernst Stöckl-Pukall, Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Protection.
- Iris Plöger, Federal Association of German Industry
- Oliver Süme, Fieldfisher and eco – Association of the Internet Industry
- Harald A. Summa, DE-CIX
- Alexander Rabe, eco – Association of the Internet Industry
- Roland Fadrany, Gaia-X AISBL
- Susanne Dehmel, Bitkom
- Prof. Dr. Jens Böcker, Böcker Ziemen Customer Insight Consultants
- Thomas Niessen, Trusted Cloud
and many more.
Here is an overview of the two conference day
7 September, 1:15 – 10:00 pm
- Digital Infrastructures and Services
- Governance of Gaia-X Federations and legal aspects
- Sustainability and Resilience
- Gaia-X Innovation Potentials
- Around Gaia-X: Pitch Sessions
- Networking Event hosted by eco
8 September, 9:15 am – 4:30 pm
- Political Keynote by Dr. Franziska Brantner, Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action
- The importance of digital sovereignty for the German industry
- Digitalization and Industry 4.0
- Next steps for the Gaia-X Federation Services
- Presentation of the GXFS Toolbox and services
- Presentation of study results on GXFS implementation strategies
- Learnings from the German Gaia-X projects
- Discussion with the Gaia-X Hub DE domains